Responsible business for long-term success
At the Volvo Group, we believe that we have a responsibility towards our employees, business partners and stakeholders, when it comes to our impact on the environment and on the societies where we operate and how we do business.
We are committed to conducting business in a responsible manner and to creating value for our shareholders and society.
The Volvo Group's vision is to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) approach is based on our vision, core business, operating context, stakeholders' expectations as well as our core values and company culture. Our approach to CSR encompasses risk management and value creation dimensions.
CSR enables the Volvo Group to contribute to sustainable development and to make a positive contribution to society.
Code of Conduct – the backbone of our CSR approach
The Code of Conduct is the Group’s policy for Corporate Social Responsibility. The Code expresses the principles for conducting business in an appropriate, responsible and transparent manner. It is the minimum level of behavior and is mandatory for all Group companies.
CSR – the road to sustainability
The overall objective of CSR is to contribute to sustainable development within the scope of our business operation and context. To the Volvo Group this means taking the global lead towards sustainable transport solutions, to initiate discussions and raise the issues on the agenda of other stakeholders.
Sustainability is part of our business. Responsibility is part of our culture.
The Volvo Group's commitment to CSR and sustainable development rests upon the following principles:
- Strong and visible leadership in this area
- Accountability and responsibility within our sphere of influence
- CSR and sustainability are integral parts of our business, strategy and processes
- Performance is measured and followed up
- Resource efficiency
- Transparency; reporting shall be conducted transparently based on the international standard Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- To engage stakeholders and take their expectations into account
- Work proactively and focus on potential risks
- Partnerships and cooperation.