The Volvo Group puts a great deal of effort into being up-to-date in respect of trends in legislation and actively participating in society and as regards matters relevant to our industry. Knowledge of the surrounding world is essential to our ability to identify new business opportunities.
The Volvo Group participates in different trade organizations and forums such as:
- European Automobile Manufacturers’ Association (ACEA)
- Committee for European Construction Equipment (CECE)
- Engine Manufacturers Association (EMA) and Truck Manufacturers Association (TMA) in the US
- Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA)
- Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- European Round Table of Industrialists (ERT)
- Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS)
Among the first signatories to the UN’s Global Compact
Volvo Group became one of the first companies to sign the United Nations’ Global Compact initiative in 2001. The Global Compact aims to align business practices with internationally accepted principles on human rights, labor practice, the environment and anti-corruption.