Report on the second quarter 2013
- In the second quarter, net sales increased by 25% to SEK 72.8 billion compared to the first quarter. Compared to the second quarter of 2012 sales decreased by 12% and by 4% adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units.
- The second quarter operating income amounted to SEK 3,262 M compared with SEK 482 M in the first quarter of 2013 and SEK 7,709 M in the second quarter of 2012. Compared with the second quarter of 2012, changes in currency exchange rates had a negative impact of SEK 1,210 M.
- Operating margin in the second quarter was 4.5% compared with 0.8% in the first quarter of 2013 and 9.3% in the second quarter of 2012.
- In the second quarter, earnings per share were SEK 0.99 compared with a negative SEK 0.15 in the first quarter of 2013 and SEK 2.41 in the second quarter of 2012.
- In the second quarter, operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was positive in an amount of SEK 4.1 billion.
- During the quarter, Renault Trucks launched a completely new range of trucks for distribution, construction and long-haulage. Volvo Trucks launched four new truck models. Altogether this is the biggest product renewal in the Group’s history.