Report on the first quarter 2012
- In the first quarter, net sales increased by 10% to SEK 78.8 billion (71.6). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units, net sales increased by 7%.
- The first quarter operating income amounted to SEK 6,239 M (6,522) including a negative impact of SEK 66 M related to a dispute with the Environmental Protection Agency in the US. Compared to the first quarter of 2011, changes in exchange rates had a positive impact of SEK 403 M.
- Operating margin in the first quarter was 7.9% (9.1).
- In the first quarter, basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.98 (2.01).
- In the first quarter, operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was negative in an amount of SEK 4.9 billion (negative SEK 4.0 billion) reflecting normal seasonality.