Business Areas' strategies
The first year of Volvo Construction Equipment’s (Volvo CE) three-year strategy saw progress in a number of areas. Volvo Ce maintained its leadership in the Chinese excavator and wheel loader market. Its SDLG brand also received a boost, with SDLG excavators now being built in Brazil and its wheel loaders introduced to the North American market. The made-for-China L105 wheel loader is the first of a series of Volvo-branded products that target the needs of customers in emerging markets.
Now under the leadership of new President Martin Weissburg, Volvo CE continues to grow its Customer Solutions business, helped by initiatives such as more affordable wear parts, broader attachment ranges and greater customer support agreement penetration.
Internally, Volvo CE continues to focus on excellence in leadership and efficiency of operations. New products are being developed faster and to a higher quality, the latter evidenced by a drop in warranty claims. This focus on quality and efficiency is not restricted to Volvo CE’s own organization but extends to the entire supply chain, with suppliers and dealers.
Volvo CE's focus areas
- Profitably grow SDLG business globally.
- Develop Volvo-branded products for emerging markets.
- Significantly increase Customer Solutions revenues.
- Significantly increase dealer and supply chain capability.
- Increase share and profitability of road products.
- Increase gross margin per machine.
- Increase product portfolio development (PPD) efficiency.
- Deploy CAST globally (Common Architecture, Shared Technology).
- Develop, recognize and promote excellent leadership.