Business Areas' strategies
Continued expansion in rapidly growing markets in Asia, investment in electromobility and ongoing internal efficiency program are central elements in Volvo Buses’ strategy to increase profitability through 2015.
- As we strengthen our presence in key growth markets, we are also establishing cooperation with cities around the world with respect to the development of efficient and environmentally adapted transport systems. There is an increasing interest in electric buses, which will represent an increasingly important part of our product portfolio, says Volvo Buses' President, Håkan Agnevall.
Since 2012, Volvo Buses has been working with well-defined focus areas for growth and internal efficiency enhancements. The trend is positive for the internal efficiency program, but, the total market for buses remained at low levels in 2013, which put pressure on Volvo Buses’ profitability.
Volvo Buses' focus areas
- Number 1 in customer satisfaction.
- Profitable core market clusters.
- Soft product acceleration.
- Asia leverage.
- Profitable product portfolio.
- Manufacturing efficiency.
- Research and development efficiency.
- One company culture with high performing people and organization.