For Volvo CE, the next three years will focus on growth and profitability and, according to company president, Pat Olney, the potential for success is there for all to see.
- The important thing now is to make the whole organization understand that we need to change the way we think. We are transforming Volvo CE to meet the opportunity of the future, he says.
Growth, efficiency and leadership are Volvo CE’s three cornerstones in the new strategy for 2013-2015. Using these three guiding principles as the starting point, Volvo CE has selected nine key focus areas.
They include allowing Volvo CE’s two brands, Volvo and SDLG (Shandong Lingong) to develop and expand on more markets than today – SDLG outside China and Volvo in India, China and Brazil, for example.
Volvo CE's focus areas
- Profitably grow SDLG business globally.
- Develop Volvo branded products for emerging markets.
- Significantly increase Customer Solutions revenues.
- Significantly increase dealer and supply chain capability.
- Increase share and profitability of Road products.
- Increase gross margin per machine.
- Increase product portfolio development (PPD) efficiency.
- Deploy CAST globally (Common Architecture, Shared Technology).
- Develop, recognize and promote excellent leadership.